What is CDPAP?
CDPAP, the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, is a personalized alternative to traditional home care. Through the CDPAP program, Friends & Family Home Care Services offers our patients the unique opportunity to select, train, oversee, and if necessary dismiss a caregiver. Even better, the hired caregiver does not need to have previous training or a certificate. The caregiver can be a friend, neighbor, or even a family member, and will be paid to care for the patient.
Who is eligible to participate in CDPAP?
To participate in the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, a patient must be:
- Eligible for Medicaid
- Able to make informed decisions or have an advocate willing to make decisions about services provided
- Eligible for long-term home care, certified home health agency services, AIDS home care, or personal care services
What are the benefits of CDPAP?
The program enables independence and consumer empowerment by allowing a patient more control over their personal care needs. A patient can:
- Independently or with the assistance of an advocate, recruit, interview, train, schedule, supervise, and dismiss the caretaker of their choice
- Hire as many caregivers as may be deemed necessary to satisfy your personal needs, and as authorized by the service provider
- Receive care from a familiar and loving family member or friend